Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chicken Salad

Chicken Salad is one of my favorite things and I always have it around. After I had Keegan, it's all I ate for about 3 weeks...it's light, has plenty of protein, and can be eaten quickly. I buy Rotisserie Chickens from Costco because they're only $4.50 there. I think all other grocery stores have gotten pretty expensive, but it still beats cleaning and roasting your own chicken. Here are my favorite two variations.

Green Chicken Salad

1 Whole Rotisserie Chicken, Pulled
2 Stalks Celery~Diced
1 Cup Green, Seedless Grapes~ Quartered
1/4 Cup Green Onion~ Minced
1 TBS Tarragon~ I usually used dried because I always have it on hand.
1/2 TSP Cayenne Pepper
1 1/2 Cup Low-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
Salt and Pepper To Taste

Mix everything together and chill for an hour. Serve with crackers or bread.

Southern Style Chicken Salad

1 Whole Rotisserie Chicken, Pulled
1 Onion~ Grated
2 Stalks Celery~Diced
1/4 Cup Pickle Relish
1 Cup Mayo (I use Greek Yogurt to make it a lighter, it taste the same!)
2 TBS Mustard
2 TBS Sugar
2 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
1 TSP Celery Salt
Salt and Pepper To Taste

Put everything except the chicken in the food processor and pulse a few times just to combine. Add the chicken. Pulse until the chicken is incorporated well into the mixture. Don't pulse too much or you'll turn it into a paste. Enjoy with crackers or bread!

1 comment:

  1. Made these two weekends ago...my in-laws raved and Brileigh LOVED it!! I kind of combined both recipes :)

    ReplyDelete